August 28, 2014 Leave a comment
During VMworld 2014 VMware announced the vCloud Suite 5.8. One of the components of the vCloud Suite is PowerCLI. The new PowerCLI version is 5.8 R1. The PowerCLI 5.8 R1 features announced during VMworld are:
- Enhanced startup speed
- Storage Policy cmdlets
- Query an OVF/OVA for deployment properties
- OVF/OVA deployment and configuration
- Added a filter by tag to more cmdlets
- Enhanced error reporting
- Added support for RelatedObject to Get-HardDisk
- Added filtering support to multiple areas
- Support for latest version of vCloud APIs
- New-CIVM cmdlet
- Support for upcoming version of SRM
These are all great improvements for an already great product. I can’t wait until the vCloud Suite is released to use all of these new features.
Don’t forget that PowerCLI is a free tool and you can use it with all of the vCloud Suite licenses.
You can download PowerCLI from www.vmware.com/go/powercli.
For more information about VMworld go to www.vmworld.com.